Are you craving something sweet and fruity? Look no further! This delectable strawberry filling cake recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. Bursting with the vibrant flavors of fresh strawberries, this moist and fluffy cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, hosting a tea party, or simply treating yourself, this recipe is sure to impress. So grab your apron and get ready to bake a slice of heaven!
The beauty of this strawberry filling cake lies in its simplicity. With just a handful of basic ingredients, you can create a masterpiece that will have everyone asking for seconds. The star ingredient, of course, is the strawberries. Ripe, juicy, and naturally sweet, they add a burst of summer to every bite. The cake itself is light and airy, with a tender crumb that melts in your mouth. And let’s not forget about the luscious strawberry filling that oozes out with every cut. It’s a delightful surprise that takes this cake to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Not only does this strawberry filling cake taste heavenly, but it also looks absolutely stunning. The vibrant red strawberries peeking through the layers of fluffy cake make for a visually striking dessert. Whether you choose to serve it as a centerpiece at a special gathering or simply enjoy it with a cup of coffee on a lazy afternoon, this cake will surely make a lasting impression.
Making the Perfect Cake with Strawberry Filling
This article will guide you through the process of creating a delicious cake with a delightful strawberry filling. By following these easy steps, you’ll be able to impress your friends and family with a moist and flavorful cake that’s perfect for any occasion.
Gathering the Ingredients
Before we dive into the cooking process, it’s important to gather all the necessary ingredients. Make sure you have the following items prepared:
– 2 and a half cups of all-purpose flour
– 2 cups of granulated sugar
– 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup of milk
– 4 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– A pinch of salt
– 2 cups of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
– 1/2 cup of cornstarch
– 1/2 cup of granulated sugar for the filling
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Creating the Cake
Now that you have all your ingredients organized, it’s time to start making the cake with strawberry filling:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two 9-inch round cake pans with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar. Cream them together until the mixture becomes smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. This will ensure that the eggs are fully incorporated into the batter.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry mixture, stirring well after each addition.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of the batter.
6. Divide the batter equally between the greased cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula.
Creating the Strawberry Filling
Now that the cake batter is ready, it’s time to prepare the delightful strawberry filling:
1. In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
2. Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and the strawberries break down. This will take approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the strawberry filling cool completely.
Assembling the Cake
With the cake batter and strawberry filling prepared, it’s time to assemble the cake:
1. Place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread a generous amount of the strawberry filling on top.
2. Carefully place the second cake layer on top of the filling, ensuring it aligns with the bottom layer.
3. Use the remaining strawberry filling to cover the top layer, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
4. If desired, you can decorate the cake with additional fresh strawberries or a dusting of powdered sugar.
And there you have it! Your delicious cake with strawberry filling is ready to be enjoyed. Whether it’s for a birthday celebration or a casual gathering, this cake is sure to impress everyone with its delightful flavor and moist texture.Preparing the Cake Batter
When it comes to making a delicious cake with strawberry filling, the key lies in preparing the perfect cake batter. In this section, we will guide you through the process of gathering the necessary ingredients, mixing them together, and baking the cake to perfection.
Gathering the Ingredients
Before diving into the preparation of the cake batter, it is crucial to gather all the required ingredients. This helps to ensure that you have everything you need within arm’s reach and avoids any last-minute running around.
For this delightful cake, you will need:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries, diced
Make sure to measure out each ingredient accurately, as this plays a vital role in achieving the right balance of flavors in your cake.
Mixing the Ingredients
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to mix them together and create that smooth and luscious cake batter.
Start by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature, usually 350°F (175°C). This allows your cake to bake evenly and properly.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients – the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk them together until they are well combined.
In another bowl, cream the unsalted butter until it becomes light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer for this step to make it easier and quicker.
Once the butter is creamed, add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. This helps to incorporate air into the batter and create a fluffy texture.
Next, add the vanilla extract and the diced fresh strawberries to the butter and egg mixture. Gently fold them in with a spatula until they are evenly distributed.
Now, it’s time to combine the wet and dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry mixture, making sure to mix well after each addition. This step ensures that the ingredients are properly integrated, resulting in a velvety smooth batter.
Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, you should have a thick yet pourable cake batter. Make sure there are no lumps and that the strawberries are evenly distributed throughout.
Baking the Cake
With your cake batter ready, it’s time to transfer it to a greased cake pan and bake it to perfection.
Choose a round cake pan suitable for the amount of batter you have prepared. Grease the pan using butter or cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking.
Pour the batter into the greased pan, ensuring it is spread evenly to achieve uniform baking. Use a spatula to smooth the surface of the batter, giving your cake a polished look.
Place the cake pan in the preheated oven and let it bake for the recommended time. Most strawberry-filled cakes bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, but be sure to follow the specific instructions in your recipe. To check if the cake is done, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean or with a few crumbs, your cake is ready!
Once the cake is cooked through and turns golden in color, remove it from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool. Allow it to cool completely before applying the strawberry filling and frosting.
A perfectly baked cake with a delightful strawberry filling awaits you! Now that you’ve successfully prepared the cake batter, let’s move on to the next step – creating the mouthwatering strawberry filling to enhance the flavors of your cake.
Preparing the Strawberry Filling
When it comes to making a cake with strawberry filling, preparing the filling itself is a crucial step. A luscious, flavorful strawberry filling can take your cake to a whole new level. Here is a detailed guide on how to prepare the strawberry filling for your cake.
Preparing the Strawberries
The first step in making the strawberry filling is ensuring that the strawberries are fresh and delicious. Begin by washing the strawberries thoroughly under running water. It is important to remove any dirt or impurities that may be present on the surface.
After washing, gently pat the strawberries dry with a clean kitchen towel. Once they are dry, remove the stems from the strawberries. You can easily do this by using a sharp knife or simply pulling them off with your fingers.
Now it’s time to slice the strawberries into thin, evenly sized pieces. This will ensure that the filling has a smooth texture and the strawberries are distributed evenly throughout the cake. Take your time while slicing and make sure that the slices are neither too thick nor too thin.
While slicing, keep in mind that the strawberries should be ripe and flavorful. If you find any strawberries that are mushy or of poor quality, discard them to maintain the overall taste and texture of the filling.
Making the Filling
Once the strawberries are prepared, it’s time to make the delicious filling that will bring your cake to life. In a saucepan, combine the sliced strawberries with sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
The sugar will not only enhance the sweetness of the strawberries but also help to preserve them and create a syrup-like consistency. The lemon juice adds a tangy and refreshing touch that balances out the sweetness and brings out the natural flavors of the strawberries.
Place the saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Slowly cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries become soft and the sugar has completely dissolved. This process will infuse the strawberries with the sugar and lemon juice, creating a delectable filling that bursts with flavor.
Keep a close eye on the mixture as it cooks, making sure that it doesn’t come to a full boil. This will prevent the strawberries from becoming overly mushy and losing their texture.
Assembling the Cake with Strawberry Filling
Now that the cake and strawberry filling are ready, it’s time to assemble the layers and create a masterpiece. Start by placing one layer of the cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Make sure the cake layer is completely cooled before proceeding.
Once the cake layer is in place, take a generous amount of the strawberry filling and spread it evenly across the surface using a spatula or the back of a spoon. Ensure that the filling covers the entire layer, reaching the edges, but without overflowing.
With the first layer filled, carefully place the next layer on top. Repeat the process of spreading the strawberry filling evenly on this layer. Continue layering the cake with alternating layers of cake and filling until all the layers are used.
When assembling the cake, it is essential to be gentle and patient. Take your time to ensure that the cake layers are aligned and the filling is evenly distributed between each layer. This will result in a visually stunning cake with a harmonious balance of flavors.
Once the cake is assembled, you can either frost it with your favorite frosting or leave it as it is, allowing the strawberry filling to shine through. Serve the cake and delight in the wonderful combination of moist cake layers and the burst of sweet and tangy strawberry filling.
Now that you have learned how to prepare a cake with strawberry filling, it’s time to indulge in this delightful treat. Whether it’s for a special occasion or simply to satisfy your cravings, this cake is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Decorating and Serving the Cake
Once you have successfully baked your delicious cake with strawberry filling, it’s time to take it to the next level by decorating it. The decoration not only adds visual appeal but also enhances the overall taste and presentation of the cake. In this section, we will guide you through preparing the buttercream frosting, decorating the cake, and finally serving it to your guests.
Preparing the Buttercream Frosting
To give your cake a rich and velvety texture, we recommend preparing a buttercream frosting. This frosting is incredibly versatile and can be flavored in various ways. To make the buttercream frosting:
1. Start by gathering the ingredients – softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it becomes smooth and creamy.
3. Gradually add the powdered sugar to the butter, beating continuously on low speed. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl, ensuring that all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Once all the powdered sugar is added, increase the speed of the mixer to medium-high. Continue beating until the frosting becomes light and fluffy.
5. Finally, add a splash of vanilla extract to the frosting and beat for another minute to incorporate the flavor.
Now that your delicious buttercream frosting is ready, it’s time to move on to the exciting part – decorating the cake!
Decorating the Cake
Decorating the cake is where your creativity can shine. With the buttercream frosting prepared, you have various options to make your cake visually stunning. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Using a piping bag: Fill a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip with the buttercream frosting. This allows you to create beautiful patterns, borders, or messages on the cake. Let your imagination run wild!
2. Spatula decoration: If you prefer a more rustic look, use a spatula to spread a generous layer of buttercream frosting all over the cake. You can create swirls or give it a textured finish.
3. Additional strawberries: To highlight the strawberry filling, you can place fresh, sliced strawberries on top of the cake. This adds a burst of color and freshness to the overall presentation.
4. Decorative elements: Enhance the appearance of your cake by adding decorative elements such as edible flowers, sprinkles, chocolate shavings, or even small toys for themed cakes. Just ensure that these elements are safe for consumption and complement the flavors of the cake.
Serving the Cake
After all the hard work you put into baking and decorating the cake, it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Here’s how you can serve the cake:
1. Carefully slice the cake using a sharp knife or a cake slicer. Make clean and even cuts to showcase the beautiful layers and strawberry filling.
2. Place the slices on individual dessert plates or a cake stand, depending on the occasion and setting.
3. You can also garnish each slice with a fresh strawberry or a dusting of powdered sugar to add an elegant touch.
4. Serve the cake to your guests with pride, and don’t forget to tell them about the delicious strawberry filling that lies within!
Remember, presentation is key when serving a cake. Take your time to arrange the slices neatly and ensure that each serving is visually appealing. Your guests will not only appreciate the delicious flavors but also admire the effort you put into making the cake look beautiful.
So, go ahead and explore your creativity by decorating and serving the cake with strawberry filling. Each slice will be a delightful treat for the eyes and the taste buds, leaving everyone asking for seconds!